Spring 2020 Vinyasa Flow Teacher Training
Equipping You for Practice On and Off the Mat
SVADHYAYA (Sanskrit, n. “study of the self”)
Spring 2020 Teacher Training (200 hour)
Tuesdays and Thursdays
February 18, 2020 to June 11, 2020
Meeting twice a week so you will be Certified with the Yoga Alliance and ready to teach yoga when the program ends
Faculty: Marcia Tazioli, Shanna Linn, Larissa Wozney, Mariann Fishbein, and guest presenters
If you are interested in participating,
please send us an email at
or call our studio at 847-847-4043.
- Earn a 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Certificate
- Receive Hot Yoga Training
- Gain Knowledge of Anatomy and Proper Sequencing
- Learn about Safe Alignment, Adjustments, and Modifications
- Develop Their Own Unique Teaching Skills and Style
- Deepen Their Understanding of Yoga Philosophy
- Learn Among Amazing People in a Beautiful Studio
- Enjoy Dynamic Classes and Smart, Creative Sequencing
- Learn from Passionate, Dedicated, and Experienced Instructors
- Continue Their Education by Choosing Individual Modules
Compliant with NEW Yoga Alliance Requirements
TECHNIQUE, TRAINING AND PRACTICE
- Sun Salutations A,B,C
- Vinyasa Flow - Heated and Not Rooms
- Basic Sequencing Principles
- Use of Music
- Use of Voice
- Creative Sequencing Principles
- Introducing New Poses Within a Class
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Theoretical Foundations
- Understanding of Both Healthy Body Functions
- Application to Postures/Alignment - Use of Props
- Appropriate Adjustments
- Sensitivity to Physically Compromised Practitioners
- Safe Modifications
- LIVING YOUR YOGA
- History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Ethical Practice On and Off the Mat
- Welcoming and Assessing New Students
- Teaching Accessible Classes - Using Props as Appropriate
- Being Attentive During Class
- Being Available After Class
Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning February 18th
9:30 am to 2:30pm
Tuesday 3/24 Cancelled for Spring Break
Thursday 3/26 Cancelled for Spring Break
Tuesday 3/31 Cancelled for Spring Break
Thursday 6/11 Graduation Potluck Celebration!
- Manual of poses and all materials needed for the training
- 40 class passes to be used at Shri during the training
What kind of certification will students receive?
Those who complete the full training will earn a 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Certificate.
How will makeup hours work?
Students should make up any training sessions that they miss by attending other workshops, classes, or private sessions with instructors in the program. Exactly what needs to be done will depend on what content is missed. To ensure completion of the program, students should not miss more than 2 sessions of the training.
We will not meet during holidays and Winter break
Students who sign up for Shri's Teacher Training will receive a 40-pack of classes.