New To Yoga
How to StartThere are no prerequisites for practising yoga – yoga is for everyone, whether you are young or older, fit or unfit, stiff or flexible. Beginners can enroll in the Beginner’s Yoga Course, or attend a Niyama Hot or Vinyasa class.
What will I learn?
You will learn the fundamentals of Yoga. You will learn:
- The dynamic Surya Namaskara (sun salute) sequence, which links yoga postures and conscious breathing to create a meditative flow.
- Basic Yoga poses designed to detoxify the body.
- The heating and cleansing breathing practice (ujjayi pranayama).
- The stabilising internal muscular locks (bandhas) which help us to balance strength with flexibility in the body and to create stability in the abdomen and lower back.
- The gaze points (drishtis) for each posture which provide a point of awareness and focus throughout the practice to aid concentration and mental stillness.
Ongoing practice of Yoga can lead to increased flexibility, strength, balance, concentration, relaxation and self-awareness.
How do I start?
- Enroll in a six week Beginner’s Course